F8: Firefox isn't shown when physical network interfaces are up.

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Jan 25 14:17:05 UTC 2008

Lucas Brasilino wrote:
> Hi Folks:
>
> I've got an weird problem: When one of my physical interfaces are up, firefox
> starts but seems not connecting to X, so it isn't shown.
>
> Any tip or way to debug this problem ?

If Firefox the only program that gives you problems when the
interface is up? If so, have you tried giving it 2 minutes or so
before giving up on it? If non-network programs also give you
problems, then I would check your hostname before and after bringing
up the interface, as well as the IP address it resolves to.

If waiting eventually gets you Firefox, then I would suspect a DNS
problem while Firefox is trying to check on updates for your
extensions. The DNS timeout is normally about 90 seconds.

Mikkel