no more icq?

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Tue Jul 1 18:56:12 UTC 2008

Schlueri wrote:
> F*CK. ;-)
>
> The website http://pidgin.im/ seems like overloaded. Anyway, i think
> some people working on the problem. I hope. :-)

Please don't top-post.

If you can get by using Kopete, there is a quick fix.  Configure Kopete
with your ICQ data.  When it refuses to connect, close Kopete completely
(quit), then edit your ~/.kde/share/config/kopeterc file.  At the
bottom, add these lines:

	[ICQVersion]
	Build=0x17AB
	ClientId=0x010A
	ClientString=ICQ Client
	Country=us
	Lang=en
	Major=0x0006
	Minor=0x0000
	Other=0x00007535
	Point=0x0000

Then restart kopete and sign on.  I've confirmed that this works on F8
with kopete 0.12.7 on KDE 3.5.9-5.  I haven't heard of a fix for Pidgin
or licq yet.

> Am Dienstag, den 01.07.2008, 15:18 -0300 schrieb Itamar - IspBrasil:
>> my machine is always online.
>>
>> I have connected on icq 60+ days later.
>>
>> after close and reopen pidgin the conection no more works
>>

>> Schlueri wrote:

>>> I'm using the oscar server too and it's not working. Is there a list of
>>> alternative servers to get icq running again?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Dirk

- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                       rps2 at nerd.com -
- Hosting Consulting, Inc.                                           -
-          "Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."           -