Pulseaudio is not working ; no sound with Fedora 9

stan goedigi89__e at cox.net
Tue Jul 1 22:00:02 UTC 2008

Rohan Kulkarni wrote:
> All sound applications are working fine. No random noises. I use KDE
> 4.When I navigate to Settings -> System Settings -> Sound it shows
> that HDA Intel is currently not available.

I don't use KDE (as a desktop, though I have it installed),  so I'm
unable to help you from here.  This isn't an alsa sound issue (alsa has
to be working for you to have sound applications working fine), but some
kind of configuration issue (kde and pulse aren't able to utilize alsa
properly).  I noticed a kde pulseaudio update today.  Perhaps that will
fix your problem.