Regarding the keylogger in the linux fedora systems

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Jul 2 17:56:55 UTC 2008

Kevin Martin wrote:

> Maybe he's a parent trying to see what his kid(s) are really doing on
> the internet?
>
> Other more serious trust/discipline issues involved here, I know, but
> still, this might be what's going on.
>
> Kevin

If the parent is that concerned, move the computer to a common room.
Control access to times that the parents are home.

Learn to talk to your kids and explain the consequences of doing the
wrong thing.

FWIW, my kids have their Firefox configured to delete the cache and
cookies on closing.

If they are a concerned parent about what kids are doing, then it would
be easier to look at the data over the network port than a key logger as
that would display sites and most of the data that is sent if it is
captured.

--
Robin Laing