Wide, flat, & weird : HP w2207h with F8 & F9

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 21:17:14 UTC 2008

--- On Wed, 7/2/08, Beartooth <Beartooth at swva.net> wrote:

> From: Beartooth <Beartooth at swva.net>
> Subject: Re: Wide, flat, & weird : HP w2207h with F8 & F9
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Date: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 12:25 PM
> On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 23:33:55 +0200, Björn Persson wrote:
> 	[...]
> > The DMI data doesn't come from the various pieces
> of hardware
> > themselves. It's all stored in a memory on the
> motherboard, so it
> > doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what
> hardware is actually
> > installed. It seems only big corporations have tools
> to write to the DMI
> > memory.
> >
> >> 	Is there something else I should be looking for??
> What I know of
> >> hardware would go in a gnat's eye -- and never
> discommode the gnat.
> >
> > Try running lspci and looking for words like
> "display", "graphics" and
> > "VGA".
>
> 	On the #1 machine :
>
> 	=====		=====		=====
>
> [root at localhost btth]# lspci|grep VGA
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc.
> K8M890
> [Chrome9] Integrated Video (rev 01)
> [root at localhost btth]#

It appears to be the same as mine:
[root at localhost ~]# lspci|grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. K8M890 [Chrome9] Integrated Video (rev 11)
[root at localhost ~]#

Start you machine in level 3, you shall see the difference.  Read my other post, it will tell you my experience.

Regards,

Antonio