Bind Caching Only Name Server

Matthew J. Roth mroth at imminc.com
Thu Jul 3 13:11:14 UTC 2008

Rahul Tidke wrote:
>  Can anybody tell me step by step procedure to configure caching only
> name server for my local network. Following packages are installed on
> the Fedora Core 6 server. I want this server to work as primary DNS
> for my network. I always find it very confusing configuring BIND.

Rahul,

Take a look at the DNS HOWTO <http://tldp.org/HOWTO/DNS-HOWTO.html> for
a basic introduction.  That should be enough to satisfy your needs.
However, if you want a more complex setup (ie. views and zones) the
sample configuration files that are installed by the RPMs are very
helpful.  They might take a few reads to fully digest, but in the end
it's all very logical and understandable.

Regards,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions
Software Engineer and Systems Developer