Double checking grub-install -- LAST POSSSSSSS

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Fri Jul 4 02:11:20 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 11:31 +0930, Tim wrote:
> William Case stands high up on the bridge, puts his trumpet to his lips,
> and plays the last post....  taaah taah taaaaaaaahhhhhhh:
>
> > So the answer must be grub is switching video modes.
> > I wonder if I should report this as a Fedora bug against grub ?
>
> Well, if it is switching video modes, it probably needs to do so.  I
> wouldn't call that a bug.

One of the posts in this thread suggested that grub should be able to
start with the correct mode  -- not start then switch.  But... what do I
know?

> If the blanking is your monitor blacking out while it resyncs, that's
> also an expected behaviour.

Yes.  If it hasn't selected the right mode in the first place.

> Just checking the obvious, but does your grub.conf file have two
> splashimage commands?

No -- only one splashimage.

> I don't recall if you've shown us the file.

Yes, I have shown it a couple of times.  Most recently yesterday, July

Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.2
Evo.2.22.2, Emacs 22.2.1