grub not working after kernel update

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Fri Jul 4 17:37:21 UTC 2008

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, lee wrote:

> > > I just upgraded my laptop using yum. Upgrade included a new kernel,
> > > after upgrade finished I rebooted. Now all I get is GRUB on my
> > > screen. I booted with rescue disk and can see nothing wrong with
> > > grub. New kernel is 2.6.26.9-76.fc9.i686.
> >
> >  This happened to me recently. I booted from a live cd and reinstalled
> > grub. After that the system booted up. If you don't know how do it let
> > us knows to get step by step instructions. EJ
>
> Thanks for all the help. Used rescue disk and reinstalled grub. Works
> fine now.

 	Heh, I wish I'd seen this earlier.  The same thing happened to me
and now the box is feeling less than cooperative.  Could someone please
post the step by step instructions for an oldtimer?  I'd google but I'm
having to use a public box to access the 'Net at the moment.  If it's not
to much trouble could you CC to joe.klemmer at gmail.com please?  It's bood
to have a fallback.

Joe

--
Interesting Boring Blog - http://x-nc.blogspot.com
A combination of insight and inanity for your reading pleasure