Latest updates break graphic start of Fedora

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 11:49:57 UTC 2008

2008/7/5 Mike Burger <mburger at bubbanfriends.org>:

>> On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 16:38 +0200, Antonio M wrote:
>>> Alt-F1 is not working on my system!!! so our problems are not
>>> completely similar.
>>
>> That should be Ctrl-Alt-F1.
>
> Just suggested that, too, however, if his symptoms were like mine (blank
> text screen with blinking cursor in upper left corner) ALT-F1 usually
> works just fine.
>
> CTRL is usually only needed to get from the X screens to the first TTY.
>
> --
> Mike Burger
> http://www.bubbanfriends.org
>
> Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
> telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org
>
> To be notified of updates to the web site, visit:

> or send a blank email message to:
>
> site-update-subscribe at bubbanfriends.org
>
> --

I have no blinking cursor
I have filed a bug
See Bugzilla Bug 454055: Latest updates prevent graphic login
Now I have a F9 with a F10 kernel (the only package from F10), but
this kernel prevented the use of my Crystal webcam that was playing
fine until thursday morning!!!!

I agree that F10 maybe broken, but I see same breakage in F9. :-(

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag