Cant use Crystal Eye webcam on my Acer Laptop with Fedora 9

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 11:53:12 UTC 2008

2008/7/5 Rohan Kulkarni <rohan.sjce at gmail.com>:
> Yes....It installed cleanly without any errors. But luvcview does not
> start. It gives this error :
>
> [root at rohan rohan]# luvcview -f yuv
>> luvcview version 0.2.1
>> Video driver: x11
>> A window manager is available
>> video /dev/video0
>> Unable to start capture: 71.
>> Error grabbing
>>  Clean Up done Quit
>
> >From where can I download a new version of uvcvideo? May be the
> web-cam might work with the new driver.
>
> On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Saturday 05 July 2008 11:31:25 Rohan Kulkarni wrote:
>>> I followed the instructions in the link and installed luvcview.
>>> But when I run luvc view I get the following error :
>>>
>>> [root at rohan rohan]# luvcview -f yuv
>>> luvcview version 0.2.1
>>> Video driver: x11
>>> A window manager is available
>>> video /dev/video0
>>> Unable to start capture: 71.
>>> Error grabbing
>>>  Clean Up done Quit
>>>
>> You installed the driver at
>> http://mxhaard.free.fr/spca50x/Investigation/uvc/luvcview-20070512.tar.gz?
>> Did it complete?  Were there any error messages?
>>
>> Anne
>>
>> --

I still think that someone broke during updates, as it was playing
fine with no workarounds: I would wait for comments by developers....
I cannot test an old kernel as other updates broke my graphic login
untill I updated too a kernel from F10!!!! see bug 454055 in Bugzilla

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag