Gnash and youtube

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Sun Jul 6 19:01:08 UTC 2008

Bassel Safadi wrote:

>     Is gnash in F9 actually supposed to work with sites like youtube? It....

> Some people will not agree with me, but from my point of view, opera 9.5
> is better than firefox in f9, specialy for flash, it have built in adobe
> flash player.
>
> it's not open source, but you consider testing it..

Well actually I do mainly use Opera as my preferred web browser and have
done since around version 4 or so when I moved from Netscape because  it
was so horribly unstable on linux. I believe the built-in flash is only
in the mobile editions of opera? I'm using a powerpc machine so I don't
have the option of using Adobe's official flash plugin but Gnash works
reasonably well for most flash, just not streaming which is a bit
annoying because it used to.

--
Ian Chapman.