Periodic Fedora 9 system hangs with jumpy mouse

Thomas Kappelmueller tkappelmueller at thomas-krenn.com
Tue Jul 8 11:15:53 UTC 2008

Hello!

I completely solved this problem by doing this:
"yum install xorg-x11-drv-radeonhd"

and changing the /etx/X11/xorg.conf file:
From:
Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Videocard0"
         Driver      "radeon"
EndSection

To:
Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Videocard0"
         Driver      "radeonhd"
EndSection

No more freezes since then (more than 1 month) and i haven't noticed any
differences between radeon and radeonhd.

-tom