F8 and a GPS -

Bob Goodwin USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Jul 8 13:59:36 UTC 2008

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 09:15 -0400, Bob Goodwin USA wrote:
>
>> g wrote:

>>> i had not noticed my 'h t m l' filter was working and why i was
>>> asking poc.
>>>
>>> this one came in 'text/plain'. how did you swing that?
>>>

>> Thunderbird  Edit > Preferences > Composition > General > Send
>> Then enter addresses as needed.  I have <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>> entered in the plain text column.
>>
>> I've just yum removed/installed Thunderbird.  Hopefully things will be
>> better.
>>

> They aren't.
>
> Removing and reinstalling a package rarely has any effect on Linux
> (barring dependancy issues), since any personal configuration options
> you changed are stored in your own home directory.
>
> I suggest you create a new user account on your machine and try it from
> there. If it works, you have a config problem in your own account.
>
> poc

This is really strange.  No matter what I do I can't get this to look
like a normal plain text message!  I've set Options > Format > Plain
text Only on this one.

It seems to be related to the fact that there are two addresses in the
original message, the normal redhat.com and a bellsouth for g.  I can
see white text on black best and normally do that with html but plain
text messages should come black text on white.  Yours keeps showing like
the html display.

This should definitely be plain text per the setup!  Although I'm seeing
wh. on a black field as I type this?

Bob