samba and write privileges

redhatdude at bellsouth.net redhatdude at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 8 18:22:12 UTC 2008

From: Vnpenguin <vnpenguin at vnoss.org>

> Put all user into a group & play with "create mask" Samba option.

I'm a little confused here. I've been reading some of the samba documentation and I haven't got it yet. Are you talking about a linux group or a windows group?
I'm not connecting to any windows domain.
I also set create mask to 0755 and still it won't let everybody on the write list modify the files.
EJ