F9 default Internet browser?

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Tue Jul 8 18:42:37 UTC 2008

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 09:26:08 -0700, Barry Yu wrote:

> Firefox icon is on the top panel and I clicked to start it, then went to
> yahoo open the main page, point at the symbol just at left of http://
> then drag and drop to desktop making a link there. Next time when I
> clicked on this link Konqueror started up instead of Firefox (Same goes
> for every link that made on desktop as short cuts for frequent used
> urls). How can I configure to use Firefox to open web links instead of
> Konqueror?

	Main Menu > System > Preferences > Personal > Preferred
Applications

	In the popup, get the Internet tab on top. (It probably will be
already.) Make the first box say Firefox.

	=====		=====		=====

	Just for lagniappe, in case you want something a lot faster and
very safe, make that box say Custom. Then in the Command box, make it say
"dillo %s" -- note the space before the %. Then become root and command
"yum install dillo"

	If like me you often get URLs in emails that you just want a
quick look at, this will speed things way up; and if you get a site Dillo
won't handle, but that you still want to see, then c&p into a new tab on
Ffx. Ditto if you want to keep a bookmark, or recopy a long URL all in
one line.

Fedora 8 & 9; Alpine 1.10, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
nine (count 'em -- nine) different browsers