F9: Func and Certmaster

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Thu Jul 10 00:24:33 UTC 2008

I found out the hard way why I was getting a grub-startup
with a traceback error I luckily captured with a ^s.

I found out that funcd failed to start because it could not locate
a certmaster server running. So noticed that funcd was not running
and manually tried to start it. The error that appeared shows exactly
the same traceback in the grub startup as follows:

# service funcd start
Starting func daemon: /var/run/funcd.pid
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/funcd", line 10, in <module>
    server.main(sys.argv)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/func/minion/server.py", line
258, in main
    requester.request_cert()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/certmaster/requester.py", line
22, in request_cert
    utils.create_minion_keys()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/certmaster/utils.py", line 174,
in create_minion_keys
    raise codes.CMException, "Could not locate certmaster at %s" %
master_uri
certmaster.codes.CMException: Could not locate certmaster at
http://certmaster:51235/

Now, I suppose that I can simply disable the func from services but then
again, it may
not solve my problem related to a previous posting regarding the failure
to start my
services gui: system-config-services as it fails with no error messages,
no system log
data, but then again, this may not even be related.  So I decided to
post this tidbit of
information so that others may not have problems, if any.

I have not configured anything for certmaster - not knowing anything
about it nor about
func either.

Can someone shed some advice here?

Thanks!