Fedora9 DVD autoplay

Federico Marziali federico.marziali at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 06:22:08 UTC 2008

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 17:35:57 +0930 Tim wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 08:43 +0200, Federico Marziali wrote:
>> he problem is that, within this window, you can choose
>> which programs to use for autoplay *only* from a predefined list. For
>> instance for Audio CD I can choose between Totem, Rhythmbox, Do
>> Nothing, and Open Folder.
>> There is no "Custom" "Use-your-command-here" or other, which is very
>> strange (a bug???). Now, I can't possibly believe that this list of 4
>> choices is hard coded (can it be? o_O), but I could not find where is
>> the corresponding configuration file.
>
> I added some information to this file, and they were added to the
> drop-down list:
> ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list
>
> The file also appears to list entries for files that I've right-clicked,
> and added to the open-with list in the file properties.
Thanks!!! I will try this out as soon I can resume my laptop
"operational capabilities". Yesterday some keys of the keyboard just
stopped working :( ...
I know it's OT, but I'll ask anyhow: any website with
pictures/instructions on disassembling laptops? Mine si an Acer
Travelmate 8003...

> Some programs add themselves to the list of options, like VLC adds
> itself in the appropriate places.  But not all multi-media applications
> add themselves to the list.
Mmm.... I also have VLC installed but it's not listed in the list: strange.

> How did I find the right file?  Changed some preferences, then went
> looking for a configuration file that had a very recent modification
> date.
Shame on me for not having thought about this!! Quite easy and effective!!!
Thx again!
Fede