How to boot from floppy to install Fedora 9 from CD?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 10 23:18:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 19:07 +0200, cjakeman wrote:
> Did exactly that and discovered that copying an ISO image to a CD is
> not enough to achieve booting. Now downloaded the free CDBurnerXP
> (which also runs on Vista) and this will burn an ISO image and
> automatically include the boot sector.

That's a FAQ...  You don't burn the ISO file onto a disc as a file, you
use the ISO file as your template for burning a disc.  It contains the
entire contents of the disc, as it needs to be written to the disc.

You use your "burn from ISO", or "burn from image" feature.

--
(This computer runs FC7, my others run FC4, FC5 & FC6, all using Gnome
 in case that's important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.