How Fedora sees previous (now deleted) disk partitions ?

Bruno Costacurta pubmb.bco at pt.lu
Fri Jul 11 12:20:54 UTC 2008

Hello,

my PC has three disks.
Two of them where previously configured as RAID1+LVM which I removed.
Using fdisk I created other partitions and already installed other distros (to
test and try them).
I already installed Debian and Gentoo and works fine (I have a single /boot
partition shared by all distros via GRUB loader).

My problem :
now I'm trying to install Fedora-9 on a specific partition (simply like I did
for the other distros) but the Fedora installer continues to see previous
RAID1+LVM, not what is reflected by fdisk (and correctly grabbed by the other
distros)

My questions :
Where does Fedora grab its partition tables ?
How to modify / correct partitions if fdisk is not enough for Fedora ?

Thanks,
Bruno