[F9] laptop not booting - reinstall MBR?

Nick Patton nick at swinkle.net
Fri Jul 11 19:36:41 UTC 2008

Hey don I've had the same problem and what I ended up doing was booting
into a live mandriva linux cd and backing up almy data to a usb hardrve
and then re-partitoning my hardrive and re-installing both Windows Vista
and Fedora 8. If you can find some mirroring software you might be able
to mirror you drive onto an external drive and then just transfer that
mirror to your hardrive.  I'm not sure but ther's partitoning software
out there that might let you boot up into a setup utility so you don't
have to install any thing. But before you try this you don't have to
mirror your drive but make sure you back up your important files such as
documents and things like that.  Let me know if you need any more help.

Nick Patton