Serving data from a DVD via httpd

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 13 01:17:09 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-13 at 01:54 +0200, Uno Engborg wrote:
> I try to do somethng like this:
>
> mount  -o context=system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t,ro /dev/cdrom
> /var/www/html/mymountpoint
>
> but that doen't change the context on the mouned dvd, and
> consequently, apache fails to serve it.

Are you unmounting it first, or trying to mount it again when the
system's already mounted it inside /media?

Other notes:  There's remount options to change the parameters of
already mounted filesystems.  Make sure directory permissions are world
executable and readable, including all parent directories, and file
permissions are world readable.

--
(This computer runs Fedora 7, my others run 4, 6 & 9, & CentOS 5, all using
Gnome in case that's important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.