Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Mon Jul 14 09:02:21 UTC 2008

On Jul 14, 2008, g <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> read a few pages on gnu site and you will believe gnu is only one who
> has written anything for linux, other than linus t.

Heh.  If you came out of the gnu site with that impression, there's
something that needs to be fixed somewhere.

The GNU Project created software for the GNU Operating System.  Linux,
a kernel, happens to work with the GNU Operating System, because Linus
et al designed it to.

AFAIK the GNU Project never wrote code for Linux, and I'm very
interested in finding out how you got that idea from the GNU web
site.  It needs fixing.

Thanks,