Fedora 9: dbus problems with /home on nfs

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Mon Jul 14 11:47:25 UTC 2008

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 11:21:28 +0200
David Jansen <jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:

> Has anyone else seen this?

I have noticed some kind of problem with logging in
via GDM when I use a user with an NFS home, but never
investigated exactly what the problem was because it
is usually only by accident that I try it.

I have no problem just getting a ssh shell for an NFS
user, but trying to do the full blown GUI session
login, something always seems to go wrong, and all or part
of the expected interface never comes up.

My solution is to avoid NFS like the plague - it always
seems to screw up if you try to write any data across
it. It can almost do reads reliably (except when it can't).