Fedora 9 'git' source kernel ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Mon Jul 14 16:09:08 UTC 2008

Hi;

Just checking that I am doing this correctly.

I want to start exploring the Linux kernel.  (I realize when the time
comes I should ask any in depth questions elsewhere -- but for now I am
just looking for start help.)  I have 'git' installed.  I am ready to
download the Fedora 9 source.  Members of my local LUG have advised me
that I should be sure to download the 'git' kernel.  They mostly use
Debian.

I don't see anything in the source repo that might equal a 'git' Kernel
-- just the regular ordinary source rpm; kernel-2.6.25-14.fc9.src.rpm

Should I download that or is there somewhere else an animal called or
set up as a 'git' kernel??

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3