microphone not recording

Marcelo M. Garcia marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 14 21:10:10 UTC 2008

Hi.

I have been trying to get my mic work with Skype and Fedora 9. Skype
only works when the device in "Sound In" is set to "ICH6,0", not the
"Default Device (default)". The test call works, but I cannot hear my voice.

The default (System-> preferences-> Hardware-> sound-> Sound Capture) is
set to ALSA. The default mixer is "Intel ICH6 (Alsa mixer)".

I tried to use the "Sound Recorder" tool to see if the mic was working,
but when I try to use, the file is saved, but again no sound.

I think the problem could be in permission to the device. Which one?
/dev/dsp?

Thanks

Marcelo