RhythmBox wants text/html decoder plugin ?? --[SOLVED]

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Wed Jul 16 16:32:09 UTC 2008

Hi all;

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 11:26 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi Tim and Tim and Others;
>
> On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 22:53 -0700, Timothy Selivanow wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 01:08 -0400, William Case wrote:
[snip]

However, the following links worked.

http://vorbis.nm.cbc.ca:80/cbcr1-toronto.ogg

http://vorbis.nm.cbc.ca:80/cbcr2-toronto.ogg

You can go to

http://www.cbc.ca/listen/ogg.html

to get the Linux download links for FM radio.  Make sure you have the
Ogg Vorbis libraries installed first.

> I got NPR working by being directed to the shoutcast-playlist.pls site.
> I futzed about and got it working (not sure EXACTLY what I did) in
> Rhythmbox.
>
> The Listen using the NPR Media Player (requires Adobe Flash) link works,
> opening a special window in FireFox but won't play now in Rhythmbox.  I
> can re-futz if I know I have something like the CBC working.
>
> Why everything should suddenly quit is beyond me!

I futzed at 'shoutcast-playlist'  I downloaded one station and got it
working.  I expect I can now get the stations I want by more
downloading.

I didn't notice, but in the last set of upgrades was there an Ogg or
related upgrade?

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3