Recording Internet audio stream

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 20:49:22 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Jorge Fábregas
<jorge.fabregas at gmail.com> wrote:
>> With this one:
>>
>> http://tsf.sapo.pt/PaginaInicial/Portugal/Interior.aspx?content_id=964968
>
> Well, with this one indeed it doesn't work. It's not a flash video as the
> other one was.
>
>  Here you'll have to use the Flashblock add-on tip that Tim suggested.  I just
> did it now and right-clicked on the blocked-flash and selected "Copy flash
> location". Then I used wget to grab the file.
>
> The problem now is that mplayer won't handle the swf file.  MPlayer will only
> play flv files.  You'll need to investigate this...   Or you could use
> Audacity to record "what you are hearing". You'll have to play with your
> mixer to select the proper input.

Thanks, Jorge. I can get the address with the Unplug extension of
Firefox, but I cannot go further:

http://tsf.sapo.pt/Player/OwnPlayer.swf

Moreover, Audacity cannot record the sound is being played, as the
only entry in the mixer is "Digital1"; I think Audacity needs "Wave
Out" or "Stereo Mix" and not "Digital1", in order to perform the
recording.

Paul