GNOME panels misbehaving

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Wed Jul 16 23:59:20 UTC 2008

Andre Costa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed F9[*] and I am experiencing some weird behavior: I
> like to swap GNOME panels, leaving the one with the window list applet
> at the top, and the one with the menu at the bottom. It works fine
> while my session is running, but if I log out and then back in, the
> panel with the menu (which should be at the bottom) is stuck at the
> top, right below the other (that should indeed be at the top). If I
> try to change its position to "bottom", it simply refuses and stays
> there...
>
> So far I have given up and am using the one with the menu at the top,
> but it is of course humiliating to be defeated by an applet ;-)
>
> Anyone else experienced this? Any workaround? Should I file a bug report?

Have you set Gnome to "save session at logout"?  Just a guess...I
haven't had a lot of time to futz with F9 yet.
- Rick Stevens, Systems Engineer                       rps2 at nerd.com -
- Hosting Consulting, Inc.                                           -
-   The light at the end of the tunnel is really an oncoming train.  -