Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Thu Jul 17 02:44:59 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 22:32 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> Yes, there are unfortunate downsides because of license
> incompatibilities.  This is not exclusive of copyleft licenses.  We've
> also covered in fedora-devel that authors who want to cooperate to
> promote a better world will find a way to cooperate.

We also covered in that thread how incredibly difficult it can be to
make that cooperation happen and how frustrating and depressing it is to
have to spend enormous amounts of time and effort time doing that rather
than producing useful code and improving people's lives and livelihoods.
--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu