GNOME panels misbehaving

Andre Costa blueser at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 14:49:46 UTC 2008

Hi Rick,

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 20:59, Rick Stevens <ricks at nerd.com> wrote:
> Andre Costa wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just installed F9[*] and I am experiencing some weird behavior: I
>> like to swap GNOME panels, leaving the one with the window list applet
>> at the top, and the one with the menu at the bottom. It works fine
>> while my session is running, but if I log out and then back in, the
>> panel with the menu (which should be at the bottom) is stuck at the
>> top, right below the other (that should indeed be at the top). If I
>> try to change its position to "bottom", it simply refuses and stays
>> there...
>>
>> So far I have given up and am using the one with the menu at the top,
>> but it is of course humiliating to be defeated by an applet ;-)
>>
>> Anyone else experienced this? Any workaround? Should I file a bug report?
>
> Have you set Gnome to "save session at logout"?  Just a guess...I
> haven't had a lot of time to futz with F9 yet.

Mmmh... not sure (I am at work right now), but I would say no, because
apps are not persisting across sessions, and because the lower panel
that has been promoted to upper panel indeed appears on top. The only
weird thing is that the one with the menu (that should be at the
bottom) insists on sticking at the top. Go figure...

Regards,

Andre