SATA hotswap / hotplug

Christopher Mocock chris at wavestore.com
Thu Jul 17 15:44:56 UTC 2008

Todd Denniston wrote:
> lsi does not show up on http://linux-ata.org/driver-status.html so you
> have to figure out what driver supports the card and ask about that driver.

It's the megaraid_sas driver but it's not shown on the linux-ata.org
site, so that doesn't bode too well!

>> 3Ware 9550SX,
> http://linux-ata.org/driver-status.html#tware
> apparently you need to ask at the driver maker's site if they support it.

Aha, I shall do so.

> according to the 'Driver / feature matrix'
> http://linux-ata.org/driver-status.html#matrix
>
> driver=sata_mv
> feature=Device Hotplug
> feature state=no

Well spotted, I saw this bit of the same page...

http://linux-ata.org/driver-status.html#marvell

... and it says:

Driver name: sata_mv

control including hotplug.

So I'm a little bit puzzled. Unless it means hotplugging the card itself?!?

Anyway, thanks for the pointers.

--
Chris Mocock

chris at wavestore.com
www.wavestore.com
Office: +44 (0) 208 756 5456
Mobile: +44 (0) 7967 321 628

Wavelet Technology Ltd., Unit 1 Hayes Metro Centre, Springfield Road,
Hayes, Middlesex UB4 0LE

The contents of the e-mail and any attached files are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in
error, you are advised that the subsequent use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of any part of the e-mail is strictly
prohibited.