F9: tune2fs -u random <device>

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Thu Jul 17 16:52:18 UTC 2008

Dan Thurman wrote:

> Hmm...  does this only work with Linux ext2/3?  What about other
> file systems such as NTFS?  What is the equivalent for setting
> NTFS file systems?
>
> Thanks!
> Dan

Far as I know this is only for ext2/3 (maybe 4 at some point?).  Other
filesystems have similar options for them, but I don't think there's one
for NTFS.  And persionally, even if there were, I wouldn't go about
tinkering with those options in linux anyway.  Why would you want to do
that?

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support