Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jul 19 01:30:23 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:

> On the other hand, Linus was once widely quoted as saying that loadable
> binary driver modules were not derivative works of the kernel - and I
> believe that the initial popularity of depended on that interpretation
> just as much as the wide use of glibc depends on it not claiming
> programs that use it as derivatives.  He has waffled on that position
> more recently but there is no clear statement or legal precedent.

You have made similar statements in the past while providing no
references every single time in the discussion even when asked. If you
truly believe in what you are saying, I would ask you (again) to provide
a direct quote. If he was so widely quoted on this as you claim, this
should be no problem at all. I very much doubt you will.

Rahul