F9: Konqueror and gnash not working

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Jul 20 00:45:11 UTC 2008

Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> I think it has to do with the 64 bit architecture :(

No, it has to do with Klash not being ported to KDE 4.

> you might need to install the i386 counterparts ?
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f9/en_US/sn-Desktop.html#sn-Enabling-Flash-Plugin

That release note entry is about the proprietary Flash plugin, it has nothing
to do with Gnash/Klash.

What could possibly work, however, would be using the Gnash Mozilla plugin,
after all the proprietary Flash plugin is also a Mozilla plugin. (But
nspluginwrapper would not be needed, as Gnash is available for x86_64 too.)
However, last I checked, it did not work with Konqueror, which is why the
native Klash plugin is being developed at all.

         Kevin Kofler