that old GNU/Linux argument

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jul 20 03:56:51 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-19 at 23:03 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 19 July 2008, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> The reasons to dump fedora, with its 'run only what we want you to run" attitude
> have got the balances just about to tip over to a non-us distribution.
----
that's pure bs

You've gone on about how you're using a different distro for your wood
working thus these sentiments are hollow. You should always consider
other distros' if the urge strikes you.

Your issues here should be presented to the package you're trying to
build because they have had to solve them too - it's not likely to be a
Fedora issue but rather an issue of having the requisite packages. Under
your logic, it's Fedora's fault that it's hard to run Internet Explorer
7 under wine.
----

> >Post your errors.  Then and only then someone may respond if they know what
> > you can try :)
>
> Well, we are hijacking a thread here, but here is a snippet:
----
seems as though you deliberately highjacked the thread and to put the
exclamation point on it, you put the errors on this thread rather than
the thread you created.

Not that I care about the thread but it was sort of rude.

Craig