F9: List of packages that has missing geko-libs v1.9

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Sun Jul 20 05:45:17 UTC 2008

> Craig White wrote:
>> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
>> gxine-0.5.11-17.fc9.i386 from installed has depsolving problems
>>   --> Missing Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.9 is needed by package
>> gxine-0.5.11-17.fc9.i386 (installed)
>> Error: Missing Dependency: gecko-libs = 1.9 is needed by package
>> gxine-0.5.11-17.fc9.i386 (installed)
>
>  From that output, I'm inclined to suggest that gxone is still broken?
> I do not have that package installed on my system....
> Trying to install it tries to bring in a whole bunch of obsolete i386
> stuff.  Has a bug been filed against it yet?

That was my conclusion, as well.  I was seeing the same issue "gecko-libs".

I removed gxine and the system updated.

I'll check, every so often, to see if a fixed gxine comes out...I suggest
he do the same.

It's odd...never before have I run a Fedora release that had so many
broken dependencies from update to update...and I've run all of them
except for F7.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org