Creative Labs X-Fi Xtreme Audio Support

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 15:51:01 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 17:31 +0200, Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
> I try to install the beta driver given by Creative, but I have a issue
> installation I don't understand for the moment.

Never tested it myself - but AFAIK the binary driver is a complete POS.

> On an other way, why this card can't be supported by Alsa in the next
> releases ?

Can't? It -will- be supported - question is -when-.
AFAIR Creative released the spec back in March (?), after close to two
years of wait.

Now that they have, the alsa team will need a couple of months for first
release. (Let alone full blown support)

In short, I'd avoid buying an X-FI card until the alsa driver is
released and stabilized. (F-10 timeframe?)

- Gilboa