that old GNU/Linux argument

Anders Karlsson anders at trudheim.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 08:00:43 UTC 2008

* Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> [20080721 09:25]:
> This is more or less a yes or no type of question.  And I picked Ric's
> position in the thread since, I feel, he is least likely to take offense.
>
> Is this the semi-annual Fedora diarrhea thread where folks pretend to be
> lawyers, intellectuals, philosophers, and the like and then talk at each
> other while hurling thinly disguised insults at those who disagree with
> their "truth" and nothing gets done and nobody is swayed to "see the
> light"?
>
> Just wondering.  I think it is...but I was hoping someone could confirm
> it so I wouldn't be tempted to read the whole thread.  BTW, how many
> pages is "War and Peace"?  :-)

You are correct young man (and I have no idea of your age, so don't
take offense) - this is indeed the intellectual diahorrea thread,
where people vomit (not so thinly) veiled insults at each other,
no-one prepared to give an inch and we are all just eagerly awaiting
the Inquisition to appear, with their fanatical devotion to the Pope,
red cloaks, fear and element of surprise.

Also, there is no chance of anyone seeing the light, as all the
flammable goods have already been hurled at the bonfire. And the
lightbulb at the end of the tunnel was a cheap one, so that popped
about five seconds after the thread started.

I'd not waste my time if I were you. :)

Cheers!

/Anders