I need help with Fedora

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Jul 21 12:16:23 UTC 2008

aakash sharma wrote:

> I said, I want to switch to Linux as I am fed up of the Window Crashes and
> bore graphics

Everything else you said sounds sensible,
but in my experience neither Windows XP nor Fedora 9 crash very often.

The difference from my perspective is that if Fedora crashes
I am reasonably confident I can get it working again,
while if Windows crashes I always have a niggling feeling
that something dreadful might have occurred
and I will never be able to get it working again.

Sadly, I don't agree with you about graphics.
Windows XP graphics and multimedia generally is much more reliable
than the Fedora counterpart.
Hopefully Fedora will gradually improve.