Bad Dependencies in Fedora repos

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Mon Jul 21 19:03:33 UTC 2008

There are now two outstanding issues having to do with bad dependencies
in the Fedora x86_64 repos namely:

(1) [Subject] Firefox update problem
The update process is bringing in
     xulrunner-1.9-0.60.beta5.fc9.i386.rpm (why?)
even though a more recent version
     xulrunner-1.9.0.1-1.fc9.i386.rpm
exists on at least some repositories.

(2) [Subject] nspluginwrapper vs. flash-plugin and AdobeReader_enu
Upgrading the x86_64 version of nspluginwrapper to
     nspluginwrapper-1.1.0-3.fc9.x86_64
leaves the i386 version (if installed) at
     nspluginwrapper-0.9.91.5-27.fc9.i386
Both rpms have to be at the same level for things to work.

In the past, I've never seen such problems in my almost 5 years'
experience running Fedora, and an additional 4 years with Redhat.
What's going on?

jon