Minor GNOME and KDE menu annoyance

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 22 01:49:54 UTC 2008

Tim:
>> That's still alternating between mouse and keyboard.  That's bad
>> ergonomics.
>>
>> Menus should be a quick thing to do, that's *NOT.  That's convoluted
>> and delaying.

Patrick O'Callaghan:
> You can still use the menu as a menu. All I'm saying is that this is a
> good alterantive when you can't remember where everything is (as I
> can't). I find it much quicker than scrolling through a menu in fact.

A sign of bad menu implementation.  As we've both mentioned, KDE menus
have been a mess, for quite some time.  That's one thing I've liked
about the Gnome menus, they're generally simple.  e.g. Doodahs to
configure your system are generally all in the one menu, not spread all
about (unlike your other post about admin, utilities and system).

Searching for something only works if you can guess/remember the right
keyword to search for.  Whereas a menu offers you all your choices to
look through.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.10-86.fc9.i686