Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 16:19:06 UTC 2008

> > To cat the free fish living in the sea, Les will need
> more
> > than a free boat.
> >
> > He will also need Nets,
> <snip>
> > He does need much more?  Yes GNU provides these
> things, but
> > he does not want to give credit to them :(  His
> company is
> > Les Fishery Inc., Not Les/GNU Fishery Inc.
>
> Good Grief!  You almost make me want to stay as far away
> from GNU as
> possible.  At least with MS, I give them my money, I get no
> religion and
> they go away.

Yes, they might go away, but other guys try to come in, the bad guys, for which you need to keep up a good firewall, a good antivirus and keep a good conscious when browsing the net.  They really do not go away, they send you updates and some stuff to check you, to see that you are doing fine, some tools to check that you do not get into trouble :)

> :::slapping self with a REALLY big smelly GNU/fish:::

I do agree with GNU on the following as RMS might have once said,
Q: "What is worse than a pirate copy of a Windows XP Install CD?"
A: "An authentic copy of it!"

Regards,

Antonio