GLib-GIO-Warning

Stephen Berg (Contractor) stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Wed Jul 23 13:09:22 UTC 2008

After installing Fedora 9 on a few systems I'm seeing a boatload of
warnings in /var/log/messages similar to:

gdm-simple-greeter[9522]: GLib-GIO-WARNING: Missing callback called
fullpath = /home/<username>/.face#012

I've tried creating a .face file both as a zero byte file and as a jpg
for a couple of users and that doesn't seem to solve it consistently.
Only thing I've been able to dig up is that this is a reference to the
logo/face display that is shown on the GDM login screen. (Not sure if
KDM is using the same.)  But I can't find where to set, modify or
disable it.  Anyone know where to tweak that setting?

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator
stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil