IMAP mail transfer to new host

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Jul 24 01:22:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 21:03 -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Timothy Murphy writes:
>

> > I want to use imapsync to transfer my email
> > from ~tim/Maildir/ on alfred to ~tim/Maildir/ on helen ,
> > all internal to my system.
> > Can some kind soul tell me the command to give on helen .
>
> rsync -a alred:~tim/Maildir .
----
not that I have a clue what the ultimate change is about but if one were
moving from brand x IMAP server to brand y, then the IMAP flags might
not be properly migrated...in which case, I use imapsync like this...

imapsync \
--host1 $ORIG_SERVER \
--user1 $USER1 \
--password1 $PASS1 \
--host2 localhost \
--user2 $USER2 \
--password2 $PASS2

but I suspect that this is dovecot on both ends and you've probably
given a much simpler solution

Craig