NetworkManager sabotages DNS? on fc9

Mike C mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 09:51:53 UTC 2008

McGuffey, David C. <DAVID.C.MCGUFFEY <at> saic.com> writes:

> My next task was to go looking at the logs to see what was trying to
> scribble in resolve.conf...but your post puts me onto something.

I have used static addressing for ages on desktops from FC1,2,3 onwards -
and on a desktop machine the best way I know is to add the line:
PEERDNS=no
to the file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

Then stop NetworkManager by
service NetworkManager stop
chkconfig NetworkManager off

Then start network
service network start
chkconfig network on

With the PEERDNS parameter set in the ifcfg-eth0 file then even if you
did use dhcp then
/etc/resolv.conf would not get overwritten by dhcp.....

HTH