I've corrupted my KDE session ! How do I fix it ?

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 20:20:50 UTC 2008

I accidentally ran my computer out of hard drive room.  I'm running F9/
KDE4.  Everything froze.  I couldn't do anything with that session, so I
started a new console session (ctrl-alt-F6) and did a "shutdown -r now".

The computer rebooted.   I logged into a console.  I deleted the offending
file, so now I have 3 GB of free hard drive space.

My problem is that if I attempt to start a new KDE session with that user, I
get a bunch of error messages for the file icons on my desktop, the panel
doesn't appear, the menus don't appear, etc.   It appears I have a corrupted
session.  How does one start a new session that doesn't try to resume the
old session or how does one fix a corrupted session ?

BTW: I can log in and run a KDE session as another user just fine.   I am
doing so right now.

Thanks