Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 03:38:22 UTC 2008

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

>  2. You may [...] provided that you also meet all of these conditions
>
>> There's no room to interpret that as saying "or some other license
>> you found on some web page"
>
> There's no denying of this possibility, and there couldn't be.
> Welcome to the world of copyright.  Seriously, do us all a favor, and
> go talk to a lawyer.  Ask the FSF.

The FSF has gone so far as to say that not only does everything included
in the work as a whole when distributed together have to be covered by
the GPL, by also anything that might conceivable be connected to create
a derived work, such as a library distributed separately.

 > Read SFLC's position paper.

Only the specific copyright owner's position would matter.

> Please stop spreading misinformation.

That's funny - remember this post is in response to my exact quote of
the license section 2b.  Do you really consider what the license
actually say as misinformation?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com