a long rebuttal to the Linux-is-the-engine fallacy

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Sun Jul 27 03:43:22 UTC 2008

On Jul 25, 2008, John Cornelius <jc at hangarpilot.net> wrote:

> I fail to see the value of this line of discussion in this forum

I can't think of a better place for discussions on whether it is
reasonable for Fedora to be introduced, at its web front page, as a
Linux-based, rather than as GNU+Linux-based or GNU-based.

Evidently no list outside the Fedora project would be suitable for
this discussion, and I don't see any other list in which it wouldn't
be ruled off-topic or fail to reach the intended audience.

If you have a better suggestion, I'm all, erhm, eyes :-)