Older machine, Install-DVD doesnt boot

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 04:38:36 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-27 at 22:30 -0500, garys at email.com wrote:

> Here's my problem:
>
> I've got an older pc (Asus Cusi-M)
> with Celeron(1100MHz),
> 500MB RAM.
> As I tried to boot the installation-dvd (which works with nearly every
> other distribution, e.g.ubuntu does and is installed) it hanging
> directly after starting isolinux. it shows me a boot> prompt and wants
> to know the kernels name. It also says for normal installation, I only
> need to hit return to boot, but nothing happens. not frozen but always
> asking-a-new about the kernel stuff.

Did you try to install using text install? That's usually the safe way
to go when installing to older machines. I installed CentOS to "Mom's
Machine", an older P3 with crap for a video card and the darn thing
installed using graphical mode, so I was pleasantly surprised! FC7
wouldn't make the same trip though.

Best not to top post in these parts! Thanks, Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
https://oar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339