that old GNU/Linux argument

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 16:14:55 UTC 2008

> > > It is a war.
> >
> > Indeed.  A war for freedom for all software users.
>
> Please take your war elsewhere. The civilians are tired of
> having to put
> up with you.
>
> Alan

Why me?  What have I done wrong?

Let me remind you, in case you have forgotten, you fought well and fought hard :)

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2006-August/msg00080.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2006-August/msg00092.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2006-August/msg00097.html

Then Richard Stallman(RMS) responded with
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2006-August/msg00101.html

I happened to agree with you Mr. Cox.  Sadly you appeared to give up?

Have you conceded defeat and now use GNU/Linux?

One thing I admire of people, is persistence and sheer courage that despite all odds against you, you should never give up, like the Turkish National soccer team

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team?id=465&&cc=5901

$ uname -o
is all Mr. Oliva and RMS want to hear.  It is already hard coded into many Linux Distributions.  It is apparently not enough though :(

Regards,

Antonio

I apologize for this, but I simply do not want to agree to name the system $ uname -o, it is my right and freedom to simply say Linux.